Free Giveaway of the Week: This is a series of 5 Chapters about that important Marketing topic. Stay Tuned and get the the other chapters along the coming weeks!
Primary vs. Secondary DataPrimary data are originated by a researcher for the specific purpose of addressing the problem at hand. The collection of primary data involves all six steps of the marketing research process (Chapter 1).
Secondary data are data which have already been collected for purposes other than the problem at hand. These data can be located quickly and inexpensively.
Last modified on Friday, 11 May 2012 08:16
Uses of Secondary Data
- Identify the problem
- Better define the problem
- Develop an approach to the problem
- Formulate an appropriate research design (for example, by identifying the key variables)
- Answer certain research questions and test some hypotheses
- Interpret primary data more insightfully